Ragging in all its forms is completely banned in the college premises (library, residential, sports, canteen, internet centre etc.) or outside and in all means of transportation of the students whether it is public or private.
The students are expected to maintain discipline and follow institute/hostel rules strictly. Chief proctor and Proctorial Board deals with all matters associated to discipline of the students and Director is the final authority to settle on any punishment, including expulsion from the organization.
Following are deemed as acts of indiscipline:
- Disregard of rules/orders, instructions and notice of institute and hostel authorities.
- Irregular attendance and unauthorized absence from classes and hostels.
- Using unfair means in class test and sessional or pre-sessional test of final or any kind of examination or copying of tutorials and home assignments.
- Chewing tobacco in any form, smoking inside the premises of the institute or hostel.
- Consumption of intoxicating drugs, liquor, alcohol and other prohibited drinks or intoxicants or similar substances.
- Disrespect towards any religion, caste, culture, community.
- Indecent behavior towards any female by way of gestures, comments or physical advancement, whether inside the institute, hostel or outside.
- Failure in adherence to the dress code of the institute.
- Spoiling institute property, equipments, tools, books reading material or tampering with operation/procedure of the institute.
- Showing disrespect towards national flag of country or national anthem, in any manner.
- ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
The duty of Anti-Ragging Committee is to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
- ANTI RAGGING SQUAD
The duty of the Anti-Ragging Squad to be called upon to make surprise raids on hostels, and other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places
- MONITORING CELL
Monitoring cell coordinates with the all the departments of the institution to achieve the objectives of these Regulations; and the Monitoring Cell shall call for reports from the Heads of departments in regard to the activities of the Anti-Ragging Committees, Anti-Ragging Squads, and the Mentoring Cells at the institutions, and it shall also keep itself abreast of the decisions of the Anti-Ragging Committees etc.